This week I passed my newest Certification the Nutanix Platform Professional (NPP) certification, this is the Nutanix entry level qualification the others being:
- The Nutanix Platform Professional (NPP) certification confirms your ability to install, configure, and manage the Nutanix environment.
- The Nutanix Support Specialist (NSS) certification verifies the skills necessary to provide Level 1 & 2 support for a Nutanix cluster.
- The Nutanix Platform Expert (NPX) certification is a peer-vetted, hypervisor agnostic certification designed for veteran solution engineers.
More Information on Nutanix Certification can be found here
To prepare for the exam you can attend a 2 day course or there is an Online course available at the education portal rather snappily called Nuschool
Unfortunately you need to be either a customer or partner to get access to the course for free, or I believe there is a charge of $500.00, luckily for me my company now has a couple of Nutanix Blocks so I was able to get access to the course through my account team.
There are three modules for the course:
- Architecture, Platforms and Management
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance
- Monitoring, Troubleshooting and Data Protection
I found the course to be well structured and enjoyed working through it. Through the practice questions at the end of each module I learnt that the moment you select an answer it’s instantly marked. So no chance of any doubt or mouse issues here. By the time I took the exam I was well prepared for this subtlety.
Personally I’m very impressed by the offerings from Nutanix, I find that the Nutanix system is a good offering in the HCI (Hyper converged Infrastructure) sector and coupled with their own Acropolis Hypervisor I see them as only growing in this sector and potentially wooing a few customers who have expensive or Legacy hardware. The potential ability to use their own Acropolis Hypervisor surely has a big future ahead of it as they grow and mature the product.