VMware have announced the vForum which is next week on Tuesday April the 19th so what is the vForum all about I hear you cry?
Well it’s a half-day online virtual conference, there will be a keynote like any conference including Pat Gelsinger on “5 CIO Priorities to Drive Digital Business” Then you can explore new VMware solutions and engage with experts in technical chat sessions:
- Test-drive a variety of VMware solutions with 8 hands-on labs (HOL)
- Attend up to 15 breakout sessions, including the software-defined data center, end-user computing, and the hybrid cloud
- See how VMware NSX unifies platforms across clouds for a new level of virtualization
- View unique product demos led by VMware system engineers
- Get unlimited access to eBooks, tech tips, and other product-related resources
- Win a variety of awesome prizes!
Re the HOL there is a new one being launched at the vforum “What’s New in vRealize Automation 7 HOL-SDC-1633 Hands-On Lab for more information see here.
Obviously being online it running 9am to 2pm PST so here in the UK that equates to 5pm to 10pm . That’s either a blessing or a curse depending on how you feel about working late, I’m at least going to need to get home from work at some point.
But even if you can’t make all 5 hours it’s well worth taking a look, but you need to at least register so I recommend you do that sooner than later here
Cloudcred has a new badge for the vForum with a load of new tasks on the day, and there is a chance to get ahead of the game by completing some pre event tasks these are:
- Task 3230: vForum Online – Register your Interest (100 points)
- Task 3229: Register for the April 19 VMware vForum Online (200 points)
- Task 3228: Invite a friend to join the VMware vForum Online (3 x 50 points)
- Task 3227: vForum Online, April 19 – Spread the Word (5 x 25 points)
- Task 3226: vForum Online – Blog about the event (100 points)
So that’s a total of 575 points for a badge that need 1500 points so get playing now. As a bonus each successful completed vForum Online CloudCred task will earn an entry into the prize drawing for an Amazon Fire TV, a Bose Soundlink Colour Bluetooth Speaker, and a Fitbit Charge.
Or you can just not bother and let me win the Amazon Fire TV box.
Come join the fun at #VMware’s “game-ified” learning platform.. CloudCredibility.com
How about get recognized by the things you know, learn new stuff, expand you network and earning prizes along the way ?!?!? That’s what CloudCredibility is all about. The VMware’s learning platform that allows you to complete tasks and make scores that can later become prizes.
VMware Social Media Advocacy
I Thought I should do a review of my last year, now I know most of you reading this will think why now April the 6th it’s not the typical time to review your last 12 months but let me explain.
It was this time last year when I was browsing around the VMware community looking for any study resources for the VCA in NSX when I stumbled on to Cloudcred I joined on April the 6th and from then on I’m almost a daily visitor. So a year on to the day what’s happen to me to warrant a review of the year.
- Cloudcred: Well in terms of Cloudcred I’ve now reached level 13 so that currently 240,000 points and achieved 24 badges. My highest personal ranking has been 8th in the world. I created a team the same day I joined and that team has now 29672 points and is currently ranked 13th in the world out of 1945 teams.
- Blog: Cloudcred ignited my interest in VMware and it wasn’t long before it got me going in the Community, by July I had discovered WordPress and created this Blog and despite having only 18 posts my best hits have been on my post on the Stanly University distance learning VCP course. That has received almost 200 hits in one day and has currently over 500 hits in the 3 months since I posted it. I know these wont set any records but it’s not bad for a Trainee blogger in my first 9 months.
- Twitter : Since some Cloudcred tasks requires the use of social media and especially Twitter I’ve now posted almost 500 tweets and have 200 followers.
- VMworld: I won a ticket to VMworld via the EVO: RAIL Challenge and went to VMworld Europe 2015 in Barcelona.
- AirWatch Connect: My Company sent me to the AirWatch Connect 2 day Conference in London.
- VMUG: I’ve joined VMUG attended my First London VMUG and am about to attend my second meeting.
- VMW-ICM5.5 I Completed the Stanly University online distance learning course, VMware 5.5 Install, Config and Manage course. This makes me now eligible to take my 5.5 VCP.
- vEXPERT: The biggest highlight of all was being awarded vExpert status for my years hard work.
- Exams: I’ve passed several exams this year.
- VMware Certified Associate 6 – (VCA6-DCV)
- VMware Certified Associate – Network Virtualization (VCA-NV)
- VMware Certified Associate 6 – Network Virtualization (VCA6-NV)
- AirWatch Enterprise Mobility Associate
- AirWatch Enterprise Mobility Professional
- Nutanix Platform Professional (NPP)
- SWAG: well we all like a bit of free Swag don’t we and after a year like above there was plenty of swag and prizes up for grabs.
My wining’s included an IPAD, a drone and ticket to VMware as well as plenty of vendor swag.
My haul of rewards
So what are my plans for the next 12 months?
- VCP: Well I need to get studying for my VCP 5.5 or 6
- VCA: There are three more VCA6 I want to complete the set (4 x VCA5 and 5 x VCA6)
- Cloudcred: well I want to complete more levels and there are still 11 more badges to earn. I also want to compile some questions for Cloudcred. Having recently merged my team with the LonVMUG team I’m keen to get the team up to single figures and who knows we might even make top 3 in another year or so.
So as you can see it’s been a busy year and who knows what another year will bring, hopefully I can be active enough in the community by blogging, tweeting and attending events to carry on my vExpert status through another year.