Following on from attending the AirWatch Connect Event in London last month, I have just passed my AirWatch Enterprise Mobility Associate Exam, my first AirWatch Certification. By attending the conference certification workshop I am eligible to take both the Associate and Professional exam within 45 days of attending the event so one down and one to go.
AirWatch Training can be found at https://my.air-watch.com/ where I believe anyone can register for an account, however from my experience AirWatch training appears to be only available to customers or AirWatch partners as you need to have the AirWatch Academy available in the AirWatch portal.
Information on AirWatch training and certification can be found at http://www.air-watch.com/services/training/ There are three levels of certification, Associate, Professional and Expert.
- AirWatch Enterprise Mobility Associate: This accreditation will prove you understand the fundamentals of device, email, application, and content management and broaden your experience with the AirWatch console and mobile security.
- AirWatch Enterprise Mobility Professional: The Enterprise Mobility Professional accreditation identifies you as a leader with the skills necessary to meet most of today’s challenges around device management, mobile email, mobile applications and more.
- AirWatch Enterprise Mobility Expert: By becoming an AirWatch Enterprise Mobility Expert, you will prove your expertise of not only the AirWatch solutions, but also installation and deployment architectures, enabling your organization to install and upgrade the admin console and associated solutions. This is designed for people who use the On Premise edition of AirWatch.
By logging on to my.air-watch and entering the Academy you will find a number of online Video courses to watch which I found to be very good and there are now even Labs available utilising the familiar VMware HOL engine something that I guess has come out of the merger of VMware and AirWatch training departments. You will need your own mobile device so I recomend that you have a spare device to use that you can reset again once you have finished the lab. The training options are well laid out and structured, allowing you to even log off and back on again and pick up the video course from where you left it.
For the Associate track there are 6 courses to take totalling around 7 hours of video and 5 hours of labs.
- Introduction to AirWatch
- Mobile Device Management Fundamentals
- Mobile Email Management Fundamentals
- Mobile Application Management Fundamentals
- Mobile Content Management Fundamentals
- Platforms: Managing iOS, Android, & Windows Phone
I must confess that after siting through the certification Workshop by Dor Zakai at AirWatch Connect and then running through the courses again I was quite confident. But then you start to realise about all the things you don’t do with AirWatch. My organisation is trialling AirWatch at the moment and we have configured mainly Email, some basic lockdown and browsing on a few apple iPads and android phones. So there was a vast amount of content that I have never implemented, so content locker, or any MacBook, Windows devices and yes the are questions on all this and more.
The exam is made up of 45 questions to be taken in 90 minutes the pass mark is 70% I must admit that about half way through I wasn’t confident at getting that 70% so was presently surprised to see that I had passed with a score of 84%.
So next is the AirWatch Enterprise Mobility Professional exam, I now have 16 modules to work through so around 12 hours of Video plus labs. Some of these I have experience of I should be able to cover quite quickly other will be new to me. I will update the Blog once I have hopefully passed this exam.
- AirWatch Cloud Connector
- Integration with Directory Services
- Securing Mobile Devices with Certificates
- AirWatch Mobile Access Gateway
- Enrollment Options for Mobile Device Management
- Creating Web, Application and Device Kiosks
- Deploying a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Program
- Reporting, Analytics and Telecom Management
- AirWatch Secure Email Gateway
- Apple Volume Purchase Program: Apps and iBooks
- VMware Identity Manager
- AirWatch AppShield
- AirWatch Content Locker Collaborate
- Advanced Content Settings and Security
- Laptop Management